- Essential skills needed to be proficient at the Unix or Linux command line. A solid foundation for other Guru Labs courses.
- Installing, configuring, securing, and maintaining Linux systems. Critical knowledge for every Linux administrator.
- Configuring and securing a wide range of network services: DNS, LDAP, HTTP, FTP, SMB/CIFS, SMTP, POP, IMAP with Bind, OpenLDAP, Apache, Squid, vsftpd, Samba, Sendmail, Postfix, Dovecot, and Cyrus.
- Learn troubleshooting by troubleshooting; 25% lecture, and 75% lab.
- Skills necessary to automate tasks on a Unix or Linux system.
- A fast paced combination of the GL250 "Enterprise Linux Systems Administration", and GL275 "Enterprise Linux Networking Services", geared toward experienced Unix administrators. Particular focus is given to translating Solaris and HP-UX skills to Linux.